gpsstix

Feb 27, 2008 at 12:59 PM
Hi everyone,

Thanks for all of the great work. Does the current build of the BSP support the Gpsstix product? I really am new to the whole system. I use a COM port to communicate with my existing GPS. Is that the same interface for the Gpsstix? Or is there some I2C interface driver that is needed? I know that there are related projects with the GPS stuff and altimeters.

Thanks,
Adam
Coordinator
Feb 27, 2008 at 4:59 PM
GPSStix uses one of the PXA270's UART (I believe its the STUART) to talk to the GPS module.
Yes, everything is in the image to talk to the GSP module via the COM port.

There are some specialized APIs available in CE 6 like "Location aware API" that can distribute location information to other applications and the like.
I have not used them but they can be easily added.
Apr 20, 2008 at 11:00 AM
Hi there,
I'm going to use my Verdex with a GPSStix.
I'm wondering when I make the HardwareWord, do I choose AudioStix, Console or none?

Thanks,
Ed
Coordinator
Apr 20, 2008 at 4:26 PM
Use AudioStix. GPSStix is just an AudioStix with the GPS module populated.
Console is a different animal all together.

DV
Apr 23, 2008 at 1:11 PM
Edited Apr 23, 2008 at 1:12 PM
Thanks as usual,
I'm having a bit of situation here. I need a GPS and a USB host together in my project.
How could this be archived since GPSStix has only a USB client?
Any ideas?

I hope Adam could share some ideas too since I'm working on a similar project (UAV.) ;-)

Thanks a million,
Ed
Coordinator
Apr 23, 2008 at 11:33 PM
Audiostix/GPStix you can use the mini USB connection as client or host. I know they don't advertise it that way probably because this is the one board that can also be used on the Connex/Basix (PXA255) line. The PXA255 does not have USB host capability.
If you use with Verdex the USB client/host multiplexer is internal to the PXA270 and will work ether way.
The BSP and Hardware config word supports setting eather way and I have tested it.
Make sure the VBUS power is strapped to VBAT to get the 5V supply to the USB connector (some revisions the FB jumper was not populated).
I believe it is populated on current production boards.

DV