Remote Display

Mar 4, 2008 at 7:49 AM
Thanks for the previous help. I have CE6.0 running on my Verdex now, and my Vista desktop recognized that it is connected over USB and launched Windows Mobile Device Center. I can also access files on the Verdex in MyComputer on my desktop. All good things :)

However, when I launch 'cerhost_AS' on my desktop, all I see is a white screen. Is there some client application on my Verdex that I need to run for this Remote Display Control to work?

Thanks,
Jonathan
Coordinator
Mar 4, 2008 at 5:24 PM
Edited Mar 4, 2008 at 5:25 PM
Are you using the default prebuit image?
This image has three different display drivers which it will try to use in order.
1) If you have the ConsoleLCD-vx with Samsung display (and your hardware word is set correctly) it will use the physical Samsung display driver.
2) Next it will try the IP based remote virtual display if it finds (again based on hardware word) a netCF or netMicroSD card installed.
For this setup use the cerhost_IP desktop client and an Ethernet connection.
3) Next, if it finds you have no Ethernet based cards installed it will use the USB ActiveSync based driver.
For this use the cerhost_AS desktop client.

There are some other oddball combonations but I wont go into them here.

The start up dump on the terminal will tell you which display driver it is presently trying to using.

post your terminal startup dump here if you really get stuck.

DV
Apr 14, 2008 at 11:47 PM
Hello,

I'm using Verdex XM4 platform with NET micorSD and Console VX cards. The Windows CE 6 image is taken from "Change Set 8777",
My question is the following:
CerhostIP and CerhostAS are working except PC keyboard. Only Enter and BackSpace buttons are functional. Do you have any info how to fix the keyboard issue?

Thanks in advance,
Sergey Sardaryan
Coordinator
Apr 15, 2008 at 1:24 AM
Edited Apr 15, 2008 at 1:25 AM
This is a new one on me. I have seen some flakey keyboard operation when running remote display with persistent registry enabled.
Do you have this enabled?
Might have something to do with the NOP (STUB) keyboard driver.
I'll do some checking..

DV
Coordinator
Apr 15, 2008 at 2:59 AM
If you do only have the problem when persistent registry is enable, as a work around you can always use the on-screen SIP (icon in lower right corner) for input.

My guess is if you remove the SIP component and rebuild the image it might fix the problem.

DV
Apr 15, 2008 at 4:14 PM
Thanks,
Removing Persistent registry flag solve the problem.