GSM Modem or GPS on CF card

Mar 5, 2008 at 3:18 AM
Hi

I presume that the BSP will support a CF card GSM Modem (Enfora GSM0110) or a CF card GPS unit by creating a virtual serial port when inserted into the Net-CF-vx adapter ?

Thanks

Wayne
Coordinator
Mar 5, 2008 at 4:40 AM
Edited Mar 5, 2008 at 4:41 AM
Looks like there may be a CF driver available for the GSM Modem card. I see an older one for CE 4.2 on their web site. It most likley would work
but no guarntees. Have not researched if they have a newer one. I know they have drivers for Windows Mobile but that does not automatically mean
it will work under CE. If the driver is architected right it is possible, in some cases, to have one driver that will work both under CE and Windows Mobile.

If the GPS module presents itself as a standard serial card it may work out of the gate. Not having seen it tho I would give it about a 10% chance of it working out of the gate. I have set up a few GPS modules, it may take a little work but its not too bad.
Apr 7, 2008 at 5:21 PM
Hi Wayneh,

Did you ever get the gsm modem working? I could use a similar device in my application.

Thanks,
Adam
Apr 19, 2008 at 5:17 AM
Hi Adam
Have not pursed this software option - using Linux built under the new OE environment - Enfora CF Modem working well with Verdex + NET-CF expansion card

Wayne
Coordinator
May 16, 2008 at 9:26 PM
I was able to get this modem working with Cellcore.
I was able to send SMS messages etc.
Had to develop a driver.