best way to program apps that control USB

Apr 6, 2008 at 6:50 PM
Hey everyone, I now have my 2nd verdex up. However, I am running into an issue of flipping hardware words all of the time. Is there a good way that anyone has found, to use VS2k5/2k8 for development, yet let the gumstix control USB devices? The autopilot is just a COM port manager in effect. However, if the gumstix are in client mode, they do not host devices... which makes the control of said devices more interesting.

2nd question. I assume that the WinCE HTTPd cannot be added after the fact? Nor the WinCE IE? I have an idea to communicate with the ground station via WebServices. Which I can consume with neither, however that would make a convenient and controllable way to speak back to the UAV in a transactional way.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks,
Adam

BTW Good work on the BSP
Coordinator
Apr 7, 2008 at 10:20 AM
Edited Apr 7, 2008 at 10:21 AM
Use the port 1 USB (only available on 24 pin connector) as the host. This leaves the other USB available as client (i.e. ActiveSync).
Second question, the HTTPd (i.e. web server) is already included in the default image. The browser component (WinCE IE) can be easily added but you have to rebuild the image.
Apr 7, 2008 at 1:04 PM
thanks as always.

I will try that. hmmm I will have to get a cable for the 24pin connector. I was going mad rebooting and changing the word to match. This should fix a lot of those issues.

BTW how do we contact you about a pro version of the BSP?
Coordinator
Apr 8, 2008 at 3:39 PM
Shoot me an email through the "People" link.