Unable to flash NK.BIN to VerdexPro XM4

Aug 10, 2011 at 9:25 AM

Hi,

I'm using a Verdex Pro XM4 COM with a ConsoleLCD 16 and an LG 4.3" LCD touchscreen.

I've been able to flash EBOOT and successfully run the NK.BIN supplied with the v1.4 BSP from a microSD card. I've got ActiveSync running on my PC and that side of things is all working fine.

Then I setup Platform Builder under Visual Studio 2005 and built my own NK.BIN based on the v1.4 BSP got it down to 14.2MB so that I can flash it to the board (release build with IMGFLASH=1).

The netMicro and netCF boards don't seem to be available any longer (I've got a NetPro-vx) so I haven't managed to get the network interface working with the board. I have tried the 'USB RNDIS' interface on EBOOT though and have successfully installed the RNDIS driver on my PC and got it talking to the Verdex board, setup the IP address and the MAC etc. When I try and upload the NK.BIN though either via Platform Builder Target > Attach Device or ESHELL it seems to connect to the Verdex ok but I always seem to hit the same brick wall with the FTP transfer ...

Starting auto download ...
HostMiniInit:: !!
Rndis:: initialization: with addr=0
Rndis:: initialization!
Rndis:: PDDInit Success!
Rndis:: Get MAC address 2301,6745,AB89
RndisMdd:: PDD's max RX buffer = [8192] bytes.
Rndis:: initialization: Success
HostMini:: New filter set: [0x0] --> [0xB]
INFO: MAC address: 01-23-45-67-89-AB
System ready!
Preparing for download...
INFO: Using device name: 'GUM35243'
+EbootSendBootmeAndWaitForTftp
Sent BOOTME to 255.255.255.255
Packet has the following data:
  boot.bin[NULL]octet[NULL]
TFTP packet could have 1 name/value pairs
Locked Down Link 1
Src IP 192.9.200.83 Port 03D4   Dest IP 192.9.200.79 Port 046F
Default TFTP block size set to: 512 bytes
There were no options detected in the TFTP
EthDown::TFTPD_OPEN::boot.bin
-EbootSendBootmeAndWaitForTftp

and it never gets any further. I'm stuck at the moment and I'm not sure how to proceed.

Any guidance will be gratefully received !!!

Regards,

Jon

Aug 10, 2011 at 1:20 PM

Can’t think of anything off hand. I have seen similar stuff when firewalls are enabled. Make sure your firewall is not blocking these ports (3D4 46f in this case).

DV

Sent: Wednesday, August 10, 2011 4:26 AM
To: dvescovi@tampabay.rr.com
Subject: Unable to flash NK.BIN to VerdexPro XM4 [GumstixIII:268499]

Hi,

I'm using a Verdex Pro XM4 COM with a ConsoleLCD 16 and an LG 4.3" LCD touchscreen.

I've been able to flash EBOOT and successfully run the NK.BIN supplied with the v1.4 BSP from a microSD card. I've got ActiveSync running on my PC and that side of things is all working fine.

Then I setup Platform Builder under Visual Studio 2005 and built my own NK.BIN based on the v1.4 BSP got it down to 14.2MB so that I can flash it to the board (release build with IMGFLASH=1).

The netMicro and netCF boards don't seem to be available any longer (I've got a NetPro-vx) so I haven't managed to get the network interface working with the board. I have tried the 'USB RNDIS' interface on EBOOT though and have successfully installed the RNDIS driver on my PC and got it talking to the Verdex board, setup the IP address and the MAC etc. When I try and upload the NK.BIN though either via Platform Builder Target > Attach Device or ESHELL it seems to connect to the Verdex ok but I always seem to hit the same brick wall with the FTP transfer ...

Starting auto download ...
HostMiniInit:: !!
Rndis:: initialization: with addr=0
Rndis:: initialization!
Rndis:: PDDInit Success!
Rndis:: Get MAC address 2301,6745,AB89
RndisMdd:: PDD's max RX buffer = [8192] bytes.
Rndis:: initialization: Success
HostMini:: New filter set: [0x0] --> [0xB]
INFO: MAC address: 01-23-45-67-89-AB
System ready!
Preparing for download...
INFO: Using device name: 'GUM35243'
+EbootSendBootmeAndWaitForTftp
Sent BOOTME to 255.255.255.255
Packet has the following data:
boot.bin[NULL]octet[NULL]
TFTP packet could have 1 name/value pairs
Locked Down Link 1
Src IP 192.9.200.83 Port 03D4 Dest IP 192.9.200.79 Port 046F
Default TFTP block size set to: 512 bytes
There were no options detected in the TFTP
EthDown::TFTPD_OPEN::boot.bin
-EbootSendBootmeAndWaitForTftp

and it never gets any further. I'm stuck at the moment and I'm not sure how to proceed.

Any guidance will be gratefully received !!!

Regards,

Jon