API catalog items excluded?

May 8, 2008 at 3:51 AM
I just removed the GumstixIII directories under the OSDesigns and Platform directories, and copied the directories from the 1.1a release. After opening the new .sln, all of the catalog items under the "API" node (both Managed and Native) have a little red "X" next to them. Right-clicking and choosing 'Reasons for exclusion of item" just yields "one or more platform settings are causing this catalog item to be excluded from the image.

Any idea what I need to change to enable these? "Platform settings" is rather ambiguous so I'm hoping you can steer me in the right direction.

Also, and possibly unrelated - after booting into the nk.bin image from the 1.1a release, no strings are visible in the GUI. For example the 'start' menu items have small icons but no strings. There's a stream of "Exception (Data Abort)" messages from explorer.exe coming out of the serial port.

Thanks!
Coordinator
May 8, 2008 at 6:56 PM
The red x's are normal. The component is still included even though it shows the x.
I can't figure it out but there seems to be some kind of circular dependency or something.
Just ignore it, it still works.

As for part two, are you using the prebuilt image or are you regenerating it.

If there was a problem with the prebuilt image I think I would have heard it by now.

DV